Teachers will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of picture books that feature the immigrant experience.
- Learn how to introduce the students to the concepts of entrepreneurship, decision-making, goods & services, scarcity, and producers & consumers.
- Feature the presented lessons and activities in their classroom instruction.
- Promote Immigrant Heritage Month using children’s literature.
- Use the presented lessons and activities in their classroom instruction, after-school programs, or summer enrichment programs.
This video is available to view for EconEdLink members only.
*This is a pre-recorded Webinar*
In this session, attendees gain access to resources, lessons, and activities just in time for June’s immigrant Heritage Month. This webinar reviews the economic concepts of choices, limited resources, and decision-making while exploring new picture books based on the immigrant experience. The featured titles include: “Dreamers,” “Carmella full of Wishes,” “Areli is a Dreamer,” and “Between Us and Abuela.” Note: Each webinar in the series stands alone, no need to attend all four.
College Readiness Part 3: Supporting Students to have a Balanced List of Good-Fit Postsecondary Options