Standards for Managing Your Money
National Standards in Financial Literacy
Name: Buying Goods and Services
- Students will understand that: People cannot buy or make all the goods and services they want; as a result, people choose to buy some goods and services and not buy others. People can improve their economic wellbeing by making informed spending decisions, which entails collecting information, planning, and budgeting.
Common Core State Standards
Name: Anchor Standards for Language
Name: Anchor Standards for Writing
Standard: College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading
Area: College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading
- Read and comprehend complex literary and informational texts independently and proficiently.
Standard: High School: Algebra
Area: High School: Algebra
- Write expressions in equivalent forms to solve problems.
Standard: High School: Functions
Area: High School: Functions
- Interpret expressions for functions in terms of the situation they model.
Standard: History/Social Studies -- Grade 11-12
Area: History/Social Studies -- Grade 11-12
- Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source; provide an accurate summary that makes clear the relationships among the key details and ideas.
Standard: History/Social Studies -- Grade 9-10
Area: History/Social Studies -- Grade 9-10
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary describing political, social, or economic aspects of history/social science.