Webinar – Immigration
This webinar focuses on immigration, a major issue in the 2016 presidential election. Learn how to evaluate economic and non-economic factors of immigration by assuming the roles of people who are affected.
At this webinar you will learn how to:
- Explore the economic incentives and non-economic factors such as armed conflicts, persecution, and reuniting families that lead to migration
- Describe the difference between skilled and unskilled workers
- Compare and contrast the effects of immigration by skilled and unskilled workers
- Analyze the overall economic effects of immigration and emigration on national economies
- Define and discuss the causes and effects of ‘brain drain’
- Illustrate the impact of immigration on wages using a supply and demand diagram in an optional extension activity.
Link to Immigration Lesson: www.econedlink.org/teacher-lesson/1329