Teachers will be able to:
- Review the difference between immigration and migration.
- Reflect on current events and their possible effect on the economy.
- Learn how to introduce the students to the concepts of decision-making, cost & benefits, and unintended consequences.
- Feature the US policy on immigration.
- Analyzing how immigrants have influenced US America culturally, and economically.
- Promote June’s Immigrant History Month.
This video is available to view for EconEdLink members only.
This webinar features migrants vs. immigrants, government policy, social reforms, and the economic impact of immigration.
Take advantage of June’s Immigrant Heritage Month by gaining access to resources for teaching about this major topic in today’s news. Featuring the differences between migrants and immigrants, government policy, social reforms, and the economic impact of immigration, this session provides a deeper understanding of the complex topic of immigration. Topics covered include
- Immigration vs. migration
- Impact of US policy on immigration
- Economic impact of immigration
Note: Each webinar in the series stands alone, no need to attend all three.
College Readiness Part 3: Supporting Students to have a Balanced List of Good-Fit Postsecondary Options