Nearpod version available
Students will be able to:
- Define credit score and interest rate.
- Explain how lenders use credit scores to evaluate risk.
- Explain the kinds of behaviors that affect people’s credit score.
- Explain how credit scores affect interest rates for individual borrowers.
- Compare simple and compound interest.
- Use mathematical strategies to calculate monthly payments, given principal and interest rate.
- Calculate how compound interest affects the total cost of a major purchase.
- Compare the total cost of major purchases for people with low and high credit scores.
In this personal finance lesson, students will learn to compound interest and amortization to calculate the cost of a car.
In this personal finance activity, students will identify the purpose of compound interest and how it works to build savings.
Key Concepts: Interest, Saving
Using number sentences to represent net worth students explore addition of integers into assets, liabilities & net worth.
Key Concepts: Credit, Earned Income, Net Worth
In this math lesson, students will examine and calculate interest on loans and investments.
Key Concepts: Credit, Interest, Saving