The material on the linked web page is consistent with the goals of EconEdLink.
The economic information is appropriate for teaching economics.
- The information on the web page is free of obvious errors.
- The information is reasonably up to date.
- The author provides sufficient information to evaluate his/her methods, sources, or interpretations.
- The information provided is at the appropriate educational and cognitive level for the purposes of EconEdLink.
The information on the linked web page is provided by reputable sources.
Authorship and Author's Credentials
- The author of the web page is clearly indicated. An email address or phone number may be provided.
- The author/provider of the web page wrote the material on it. If not, the author of the document is identified.
- Is this a personal page? If so, the issues of author's credentials are paramount.
- The author provides proper attribution for the information presented.
Institution providing web page
- If this is an institutional page, what institution (educational, commercial, non-profit) sponsors this web page?
- The institution is recognized in the field and appropriate to provide this information.
- The information on the linked web page is consistent with the goals of EconEdLink.
- The information of interest to EconEdLink is free and accessible.
- All other web pages in this web site would be appropriate for students to view
The web site is free of obscene or otherwise objectionable material.
- No inappropriate images, flash animations or text appear on the page.
- No vulgar language on the page.
- All content must be legal in the state/country of its originator and in the United States of America.
- Inflammatory or derogatory content does not appear on the website.
The material in the linked web page is appropriately displayed and convenient to use.
The web page can be easily read and understood.
- The colors, formats, and graphics are readable. They enhance rather than detract from the information.
- The page is well-written (good organization, clear writing, proper grammar, and correct spelling).
- The web page appears well on multiple browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer 6+, FireFox, Safari, Chrome ).
The Council for Economic Education makes a good-faith effort to review the educational material to which this site is linked. However, the CEE disclaims any responsibility for the views expressed or the content presented on linked sites.