In this lesson you'll learn about several types of jobs and have the opportunity to decide which of these you might want to be when you grow up.
Think about these questions:
- What are some of the jobs that our parents (relatives) do?
- Why do your parents (relatives) work at these jobs?
- What kind of goods and services do they provide in these jobs?
- What special skills are needed to perform these jobs?
In this lesson you will be able to choose one job from a short list and state reasons for your choice. Also, after reading about various jobs, you will be able to list examples of the goods and/or services each job provides, and be able to list at least one specialized skill associated with each job.
- Why did you decide on the job you did?
- What goods and services does that job provide?
- What special skills would you need to perform that particular job?
- Were there other jobs that weren't listed that you would like to do?
- What goods and services do those jobs provide?
Write down three reasons why people work.
- Write down three jobs and the goods and services they provide, as well as any special skills required to perform the job.
- Research someone who has the same job you chose. What stories do they tell about their work? You can look for an actual person in your community or search the Internet using one of these search engines.
- Write a story imagining that you have the job you chose. What would a day be like? What things might happen to you?