Standards in Economics
Below are the National Standards in Economics that most closely relate to the following interactive tool.
Fiscal Policy ~ http://www.econedlink.org/i203
Name: Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- Students will understand that: Federal government budgetary policy and the Federal Reserve System's monetary policy influence the overall levels of employment, output, and prices.
- Students will be able to use this knowledge to: Anticipate the impact of the federal government and the Federal Reserve System macroeconomic policy decisions on themselves and others.
Name: Economic Fluctuations
- Students will understand that: Fluctuations in a nation's overall levels of income, employment, and prices are determined by the interaction of spending and production decisions made by all households, firms, government agencies, and others in the economy. Recessions occur when overall levels of income and employment decline.
- Students will be able to use this knowledge to: Interpret media reports about current economic conditions and explain how these conditions can influence decisions made by consumers, producers, and government policy makers.
Name: Unemployment and Inflation
- Students will understand that: Unemployment imposes costs on individuals and the overall economy. Inflation, both expected and unexpected, also imposes costs on individuals and the overall economy. Unemployment increases during recessions and decreases during recoveries.
- Students will be able to use this knowledge to: Make informed decisions by anticipating the consequences of inflation and unemployment.